Professor Liao is a leading scholar in Ming literature. He is a professor at Zhejiang University, Department of Chinese Language and Literature. He received both his M.A. and Ph.D. in Chinese Language and Literature. The former was received from Hunan Normal University and the latter from Hangzhou University. His research at HYI was titled “Study of the Novelettes in the Yuan and Ming Dynasties”.
- Zhejiang University
Current Research Projects and Interests:
Parent-Children Dynamics among Migrant Families; Returned Migrant Children in Central and West China: General Situation, Problems and Countermeasures; Social Impact of the Relief & Regulation System: A Case Study of Zhejiang
Liu, Zhijun and Zhu, Fangsheng (2011). China’s Returned Migrant Children: Experiences of Separation and Adaptation. The Asia Pacific Journal of Anthropology, Accepted in August 2011.
Pan, Tianshu and Liu, Zhijun (2011). “Place Matters: An Ethnographic Perspective on Historical Memory, Place Attachment, and Neighborhood Gentrification in Post-Reform Shanghai”. Chinese Sociology and Anthropology, vol. 43, no. 4.
Liu, Zhijun and Chen, Jiansheng (2011). The Predicament of Specialized Villages and Its Solutions: A Case Study of Zhe-Village，International Journal of Business Anthropology，Vol. 2, No. 2.
- Zhejiang University
Current Research Projects and Interests: Studies on classical Chinese drama in Britain and North America Chinese classical literature from the Yuan to Qing dynasties
Song Lian (1310-1381)’s Chronicle. Zhejiang University Publishing House, 2011.
Proofreading and Punctuating of Ancient Texts Zheng Yuanyou (1292-1364)’s Collected Works. Zhejiang University Publishing House, 2010.
1. "The Spread, Plot Introduction and Composing Date of the Only Version of the Drama Wen Yuan Dian”. Journal of Literature and Art Studies
8 (2010): 98-107.
2. “Further Research on the Author of the Golden Lotus”. Journal of Kunming University 2 (2010): 34-37.
3. "Social Intercourse between Bai Yue and Other Playwrights”. The Journal of Ming-Qing Fiction Studies 2 (2010): 66-74.
4. “A Fourth Round of Research on the Author of the Golden Lotus.” Journal of Xuzhou Engineering College 2 (2010): 77-79.
5. “The novel collection Yi jian shang xin bian’s Editions and its Illustrations.” Journal of Tai Wang Zhong zheng University ,2010.1.
6. "A New Candidate for Authorship of the Jin Ping Mei: Bai Yue (1499-1551)". Chinese Literature Essays,Articles and Reviews (CLEAR) Vol. 33, 2012.