Resources for Current Scholars & Fellows
Welcome to the Harvard-Yenching Institute! Below are some resources that will be helpful throughout your time at Harvard.
We warmly welcome our affiliates for the 2021-22 academic year! Please note that everything presented here is subject to frequent updates. We at HYI will do our best to keep you informed of any news impacting your appointment.
HYI Office Procedures Handbook – 2021-22
This handbook will be a helpful resource during your fellowship, containing information on COVID-19 policies and resources, Registration, ID card, Social Security and Tax; Purchasing health insurance (for Visiting Scholars only); Travel; Safety; Institute Office Procedures and General Information; When Departing from the Institute; Useful Telephone Numbers and Emergency Numbers; Information for Affiliates who start your research stay remotely; and HYI Office Regulations.
Asia-related resources at Harvard:
- Asia Collections, Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology
- Department of East Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Department of South Asian Studies
- Division of Asian and Mediterranean Art, Harvard Art Museums
- East Asian Legal Studies, Harvard Law School
- Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies
- Fung Library
- Harvard China Fund
- Harvard-China Project on Energy, Economy and Environment
- Harvard University Asia Center
- Korea Institute
- Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute
- Rajawali Foundation Institute for Asia
- Regional Studies – East Asia
- Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies
- Weatherhead Center for International Affairs