Resources for Current Scholars & Fellows
Welcome to the Harvard-Yenching Institute! Below are some resources that will be helpful throughout your time at Harvard, and some guidelines for operating remotely.
As a Visiting Scholar or Fellow, your responsibilities entail working on your research. Scholars and Fellows may also gather for occasional informal seminars to present and discuss your research with each other. Those in the Visiting Scholars Program will give a talk on their research sometime during the academic year. All activities will be conducted remotely.
Everything presented here is subject to frequent updates. We at HYI will do our best to keep you informed of any news impacting your appointment.
HYI Handbook on Working Remotely
This handbook will be a helpful resource during your fellowship, containing information on IT support, fellowship payments, library resources, auditing classes, working with your mentor, and more.
Asia-related resources at Harvard:
- Asia Collections, Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology
- Department of East Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Department of South Asian Studies
- Division of Asian and Mediterranean Art, Harvard Art Museums
- East Asian Legal Studies, Harvard Law School
- Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies
- Fung Library
- Harvard China Fund
- Harvard-China Project on Energy, Economy and Environment
- Harvard University Asia Center
- Korea Institute
- Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute
- Rajawali Foundation Institute for Asia
- Regional Studies – East Asia
- Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies
- Weatherhead Center for International Affairs